by Duncan Murdoch
CERTIFIED NATURE & FOREST THERAPY GUIDE Duncan is a Certified Nature & Forest Therapy guide living and working in Vermont. He grew up on the shores of Lake Champlain where his deep connection to Nature was formed. Following his passion for art, he moved to NYC where he lived and worked as a professional actor for 14 years. Nature called him to become a horticulturist so he transitioned to become a NYC parks department gardener which lead him to a life of nature (re) connection. After receiving his Nature & Forest Therapy Guide Certification from the Association of Nature and Forest Therapy (ANFT) in 2015, he began his practice in New York City guiding the first forest bathing groups in Central Park. He then moved back to his home state in Vermont in 2015 and began his work with the Intervale Center growing and planting native trees where he now serves as the Land Stewardship Coordinator. As a wellness practitioner, he is part of the UVM Integrative Health Practitioner Network and frequently conducts forest bathing experiences throughout Vermont and the world, in-person and online with his organization, Nature Connection Guide.
Nature Connection Guide
- Can Technology Help Deepen our Connection to Nature?March 3, 2021 - 1:30 am
- Social Distancing While Forest BathingMarch 19, 2020 - 2:53 am
- Becoming a Forest Therapy GuideJanuary 13, 2020 - 1:50 am
- Silence in Nature & What To Do When It BreaksMarch 27, 2019 - 7:14 pm
- Indoor Forest Bathing in a “Forest Room” is Now A ThingFebruary 27, 2019 - 7:39 pm