NATURE & FOREST THERAPY GUIDE Duncan is a Certified Nature & Forest Therapy guide living and working in Vermont. As an interdisciplinary thinker, Duncan has accrued his experience and knowledge from improvisational and film Meisner based acting, teaching, producing original theater, painting & sculpting, horticulture, land management and music. Duncan grew up on the shores of Lake Champlain in rural Vermont where his deep connection to Nature was formed. After receiving his Nature & Forest Therapy Guide Certification from ANFT in 2015, he began his official practice in New York City guiding the first Forest Bathing groups in Central Park. He worked as a Horticulturalist for the NYC parks Department and co-created the first shinrin-yoku forested walking trail on Randall’s Island. He moved back to Vermont in 2015 and began his work with the Intervale Center growing and planting native trees and stewarding the land. He now serves on the South Burlington Natural Resource Committee and is a board member of the South Burlington Land Trust. He is part of the UVM Integrative Health Practitioner Network and frequently conducts Forest Therapy walks throughout the beautiful state with his organization, Nature Connection Guide.
Nature Connection Guide
- Social Distancing While Forest BathingMarch 19, 2020 - 2:53 am
- Becoming a Forest Therapy GuideJanuary 13, 2020 - 1:50 am
- Silence in Nature & What To Do When It BreaksMarch 27, 2019 - 7:14 pm
- Indoor Forest Bathing in a “Forest Room” is Now A ThingFebruary 27, 2019 - 7:39 pm
- US Doctors are Prescribing Nature in 34 StatesJanuary 7, 2019 - 4:33 pm